Little Passports Weather Lab Science Kit + Subscription Coupon
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This box was received free for review.
Little Passports is a subscription that takes your child all over the world to explore locations, landmarks and more. Little Passports has three different subscriptions: Early Explorers (3-5 years), World Edition (5-10 years), and the USA edition (7-12 years). Little Passports also has an online store and they have released some new products.
The Weather Lab Science Kit is $24.95 and explores three activities; create an exploding volcano, make snow, and create a tornado.
This kit includes:
- Volcano building kit, including clay and paint set
- Packet of “snow”
- Handheld tornado
- Three illustrated Learning Guides
The weather lab came in a little blue box. The box actually shipped in a plain brown box.
Erupting Volcano: This kit lets your child build a volcano, then they can set it to erupt.
There was a fact card with information about volcanoes. My 6 year old loved all the fact cards in the box.
The volcano kit contained the celluclay to make the volcano and the cups to go in the center. There was also paint to decorate it.
After making the volcano, you had to let it dry before painting. L painting it blue, because it was an under water volcano that hadn't erupted to the surface yet.
The actual eruption part used the regular household ingredients. The directions said to use 3 drops of food coloring, but I should have used more for brighter lava.
ERUPTION! We used the correct amount of vinegar, but then L would add more to see the lava continue to flow.
I knew L would love this kit, if for no other reason than the tornado. My son is obsessed with tornadoes and he knows all about them. There was a fact card about tornadoes, but L already knew all the information.
My Pet Tornado: This lets kids create their own tornado. You shake up the bottle and then turn your wrist to make it swirl and form the funnel. i thought it was a bit tricky, but L didn't have any issues.
Make Your Own Instant Snow
Make Your Own Snow: This project would be extra fun for people who don't get snow, but L loved this too. You just add water to a teaspoon of snow powder and this fluffy stuff appears.
This was a really easy project to do and there was lots of powder left for more snow.
You can keep this in a bag in the refrigerator and play with this over and over.
Final Thought: My son had a blast with this kit, which is no surprise given his love with weather. There were three fun activities and this would make a great gift for any child who loves weather. If you want to get this kit or check out the other cute items in the store with this link.
There is also a sale on subscriptions
Here is the breakdown of the different subscriptions:
- Early Explorers: $14.95/month (ages 3-5) Your child will get an explorer kit the first month. There will be a fun orange suitcase, Wall-sized World Map. 20-page activity booklet, Luggage Tag, Stickers and wall decal. Country specific packages filled with a 20-page activity booklet, souvenirs, flashlight Adventures, stickers and wall decals Read my Review Here.
- World Edition: $11.95/month (ages 5-10) Your child will get an explorer kit the first month. It will be a suitcase with everything your child needs to get started. Country specific packages filled with fun souvenirs, letters, stickers, photos, activity sheets and more arrive every month thereafter. Read my Review Here.
- USA Edition: $11.95/month(ages 7-12) Kick-off your USA adventure with the first monthâ€™s Discovery Kit which includes a letter from Sam and Sofia, a USA Field Guide, a USA scratch book, a map, and a camera. Sam and Sofia then travel to two new states every month and send an activity-packed travel journal with stickers, postcards, pop-out models and access to online activities. Read my Review Here.
You can see my FULL coupon list HERE.
Do you love Giveaways? Click HERE to enter all my Giveaways