Driftaway Coffee Rise & Grind Tasting Kit Review + 3 Month Giveaway
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Giveaway is sponsored by Driftaway Coffee.
Driftaway Coffee is a coffee subscription box, that is curated to your tastes. Driftaway Coffee is unique, because they send only the freshest coffee to you. Each bag has the roasted date printed right on the bag. Driftaway coffee roasts every Friday and ships every Saturday. Your first box is the Rise & Grind Tasting Box, which is a sampling of four different kinds of coffee. You taste each coffee then pick the type that fits your taste. The following months will be different coffees selected to your preferences.
There are two different subscriptions: Solo and Doppio. The Solo subscription is 7 ounces of coffee (14 cups) every two weeks. The first box is $4.00 and $12.00 every month after. The Doppio is 11 ounces of coffee (22cups), delivered every two weeks. You can get your first delivery for $4.00 and $16.00 for every delivery after that. My husband enjoys coffee, so I was excited when Driftaway Coffee offered me a box to review.
Cost: Solo: $4.00 for the first delivery, $12.00 every two weeks after. Doppio: $4.00 for the first delivery, $12.00 every two weeks after.
Shipping: They ship from Brooklyn, NY to the United States. If you live internationally, you can sign up HERE, to be notified when international shipping is available.
What's in the box? You will get 7 oz of coffee for the Solo and 11 oz of coffee for the Doppio.
When will my coffee ship? You can choose a weekly, Every two weeks, or monthly plan.
Cancel and Skip: You can cancel or skip any time. Email email@example.com to cancel.
Driftaway Coffee shipping in a brown pouch.
There were two cards in the pouch. The first card gave tips on how to brew a great cup of coffee.
There were 6 tips to brew a great cup of coffee:
- Grind your beans right before you brew
- Make your water temperature between 195-205 F
- Use a kitchen scale to measure your water and beans. You need 8 oz of water per .5 oz of beans
- Driftaway gave recommended grind size for your type of coffee.
- Don't store your coffee in the fridge. Sqeeze the air out and store in a cool, dry area.
- Use a burr grinder.
The second card gave details about the Rise and Grind Kit. You taste all four coffees in the pouch, notes the tasting notes, and then you can rate the coffee at www.driftaway.co/fav.
This is the tasting card. You can write notes on the card, so you will remember everything to rate the coffee on-line. You can try all the coffee in one day, or spread it out. My husband spread the tasting over several days.
The Rise & Shine coffee kit comes with coffee from the following categories: 1. Fruity, 2. Classic, 3. Balanced, and 4. Bold.
Each coffee comes in a resealable (ziplock) bag with an information tag attached. The tag says where the coffee came from, tasting notes, and which coffee profile it is.
1. Fruity: This light coffee comes from Burundiâ€™s Buhorwa washing station, which is located in Northern Burundi. It has tasting notes of Honey, Vanilla, and Red Apple. This is a very light fruity coffee. My husband loved this one and he said he didn't have to use any sugar in it (normally C uses lots of sugar).
2. Classic: This medium roast coffee comes from Peru and has tasting notes of dark toffee, cocoa, and roasted nut. You can really small the toffee in this coffee. This coffee came from a farmer in northern Peru, who has three hectares of land in the Eastern Andes. My husband didn't like this as well, and thought this was more bold than the fruity coffee.
3. Balanced: This coffee comes from the Kopaki & Misozi Co-op in Rwanda and has tasting notes of milk chocolate, tangerine and earl grey tea. My husband said this was even more bold than the classic.
4. Bold: Given the name, this coffee had a very bold taste. This coffee comes from the Kapchowra farm in Bugisu, Uganda. This had tasting notes of dates, maple syrup and cocoa. My husband likes lighter, sweeter coffee, so this wasn't for him.
The fruity coffee was the winning coffee. My husband really loved this coffee and it would buy this in the store.
Final Thought: Driftaway Coffee really provided a great subscription. At only $4.00 for the Rise & Grind box, it is a wallet friendly way to try the coffee. I love also love that each month, the coffee is geared to your preferences. Each coffee is roasted right before it ships, so you will get the freshest coffee. If you want to try Driftaway Coffee, just use this link. Driftaway Coffee also has generously provided a 3 month subscription for one of my readers. To enter, just use the form below!
Check out my Full List of Subscription Box Coupons