Little Passports USA Edition Discovery Kit Review
Disclosure: I received this box free for review. This box contains affiliate links
Little Passports is a subscription that takes your child all over the the world to explore locations, landmarks and more. Little Passports has three different subscriptions: Early Explorers (3-5 years), World Edition (5-10 years), and the USA edition (7-12 years). I received the World Edition last year, so I was excited to check out the USA version this month.
The Details: $11.95
Cost: Early Explorers (3-5 years) $14.95, World Edition (5-10 years), and the USA edition (7-12 years) $11.95.
What's in the box? There are three different subscriptions:
- Early Explorers: $14.95/month (ages 3-5) Your child will get a explorer kit the first month. There will be a fun orange suitcase, Wall-sized World Map. 20-page activity booklet, Luggage Tag, Stickers and wall decal. Country specific packages filled with a 20-page activity booklet, souvenirs, flashlight Adventures, stickers and wall decals
- World Edition: $11.95/month (ages 5-10) Your child will get a explorer kit the first month. It will be a suitcase with everything your child needs to get started. Country specific packages filled with fun souvenirs, letters, stickers, photos, activity sheets and more arrive every month thereafter.
- USA Edition: $11.95/month(ages 7-12) Kick-off your USA adventure with the first monthâ€™s Discovery Kit which includes a letter from Sam and Sofia, a USA Field Guide, a USA scratch book, a map, and a camera. Sam and Sofia then travel to two new states every month and send an activity-packed travel journal with stickers, postcards, pop-out models and access to online activities.
When am I billed? You are billed when you sign up and then again on the 24th of the month.
How do I cancel? firstname.lastname@example.org
The USA box shipped in a plain white box.
All the welcome box materials were packed in this nice reusable envelope.
There was a letter from Sofia and Sam. They are the girl and boy characters that will join your child's travels every month. The letter gives your child an introduction to the box and what your child will receive.
In your first box, your child will get the following:
- USA Field Guide
- USA Scratch Book
- Wall-sized USA Map
- A welcome letter from new pen pals Sam & Sofia
- Disposable Camera and Photo Scavenger Hunt Project
Starting with your 2nd box and every month after, your child will receive:
- 32-page activity-packed State Journal
- Stickers and postcards
- Pop-Out Models
- Access to more information and activities online
USA Field Guide: The field guide is packed with activities and profile information to fill out. It also has a two page spread for every state your child will visit (they will visit all 50).
The first two pages in the book have a space to fill out basic profile information. There is also a checklist, so your child can check off the states your child visits.
About Me: There are “About Me” pages for your child to fill out. Your child can write where they live, what states they have visited, where do they want to visit and more. Your child can write a short essay and complete the following sentence “I am an explorer because……”
Exploring the USA: There is a geography two page quiz about identifying where certain landmarks are located. There are also questions about time zones, distance and more. There is a map (you will see in a minute), that your child can use for many of these questions.
Photo Scavenger Hunt: Before your child learns about other states, Sofia and Sam want your child to explore their hometown. Your child is given a camera (you will see that in a minute too). Your child uses the camera, to take a pictures of several items from their hometown. My son L is too young for this box, but I am going to do this activity with him.
State Highlights + Field Notes: These are the pages your child will fill out with each state. Your child will get stickers for the state highlights: state, a state animal, state seal, state bird, state flower and state flag. Your child also has field notes to fill out. Your child can write what they learned about the state, their favorite item from the highlights page, and their favorite activity from Sofia and Sam's journal. Your child also writes where they want to visit and what they want to learn more about. After your child writes what they want to learn more about, your child is encouraged to research the answer.
Remember: Your child will get a 32 journal every month, to learn more about that month's states.
Camera: Little Passports sends 36 picture camera. This is used to take pictures for your child's scavenger hunt.
Wall Size USA Map: Little Passports includes a GIANT size wall map of the United States. There are pictures of states, capitols and many landmarks.
USA Scratch Book: Depending on your age, you may remember as a child, coloring a rainbow picture, then covering it with black crayon, to make scratch paper. Now they make rainbow scratch paper, which is much less messy. This book has landmarks, symbols and more!
Here is an example page from the book.
Everything in the box
Final Thought: I thought this was a really well put together kit. I liked that there are questions designed to make your child think and write. If you have a child who loves travel, geography and learning about new places, check out Little Passports. Little Passports presents geography in a fun way. Right now, you can save on a subscription to Little Passports, just click here and use the code CHEER15, to save 15% on your child's subscription.
Check out my Holiday Coupon page HERE.
Do you love Giveaways? Click HERE to enter all my Giveaways.