Cultured Owl is a new subscription box that exposes children to the world. Cultured Owl sent me the Spain box to review. Spain is the first box in the country series. Cultured Owl is for children 5-10 and each month, Cultured Owl sends a country kit filled with information, toys, and crafts. These kids are designed to bring the whole family together. Cultured Owl was developed by Sara Randrianasolo. She is an advocate for international education. While working in higher education, Sara developed programs to bridge the gap between American and international students. Being a bicultural and multilingual family gave Sara and her families opportunities to celebrate differences between people. Sara wanted to teach her children more about this, and developed Cultured Owl.
I really was excited to see this box, because I think it is very important that children understand the world they live in and have an appreciation for other cultures. I love exposing my children to new places, but international travel is not feasible at this time. I like that there is a monthly kit that can bring different cultures to their home.
Cultured Owl’s Vision
“Cultured Owl desires to see children develop global citizenship skills. Our monthly Country Kits teach children to value diversity and to celebrate other people and their way of life. Designed with products that promote creativity and critical thinking. Country Kits also help children develop their own sense of identity.”
Here is what is in the Country Kit
1. Arts and Crafts: Materials to make 2-3 hands on activities. Finished products will represent aspects of the host country culture.
2. Toys: Included toys are played with by the children in the host country
3. Country Booklet: Country booklets are filled with cultural information. Topics include popular names, traditional games, children’s songs, language lessons, dramatic acts holidays and festivals and overall way of life. Each booklet also contains conversation starters, which are a great way to dive deeper into culture. These are good to discuss over dinner
4. Collectible Trading Card: Use the demographic and national traits data to teach children factual information about the country. Geographic coordinates are provided so children can locate the country on their included globe.
5. Country Flag: The flag includes a three hole stand to display the flag
6. Recipe Card: Gather the family and get a taste of the local cuisine. Families are encouraged to involve children in shipping for ingredients and preparing the dish. Cooking is an excellent way to practice math skills
Cost: 3 months $87.00 ($29.00 a month)
3 month sibling add on $29.85 ($9.95 a month)
6 months $162.00 ($27.00 a month)
6 month sibling add on $59.70 ($9.95 a month)
12 months $300.00 ($25.00 a month)
12 month sibling add on $119.40 ($9.95 a month)
Plans: a. 3 Month Tour (The Tourist) Receive Country Kits For: Spain, China and Australia!
b. 6 Month Tour (The Explorer) Receive Country Kits For: Spain, China, Australia,
c. 12 Month Tour (The Jetsetter) Receive Country Kits For: Spain, China, Australia, Madagascar, Italy, Brazil, Japan, India, Israel, France, Egypt, and Russia!
What’s in the box? Country Kits include the following: Country Booklet, Collectible Trading Card, Country Flag, Recipe Card, Toys, and 2-3 Tech-Free, Hands On Activities (crafting supplies included). Your first Country Kit will also include our Welcome Kit, including a passport and globe to chart your child’s travels
When am I billed? You are billed when you order. You subscription ends at the end of which ever subscription you sign up for.
When do I get my box? Allow up to 4 weeks for your first Country Kit to arrive. After that, our country kits ship mid-month and arrive 5-10 days later.
Contact Info: Email: email@example.com
Phone: (330-961-1296) , Monday through Friday, from 10:00am to 4:00pm EDT.
|Painting the castanets|
|Mosaic Tile Coaster|
|Planning Out the Pattern|
|All Glued Together|
These turned out great!
|Spain: Toys, Education, Cooking and more|
|Inside the booklet|