I had the opportunity to review Woolzies Dryer Balls. I normally just post about subscription boxes, but I thought my readers might be interested in this product. Woolzies is an natural fabric softener. It is made from 100% Pure New Zealand Wool.
I usually use a name brand dryer sheet. I am trying to become more eco friendly and was excited to try this product. Each box comes with 6 xl balls. They sell for $34.95 but last for 1,000 loads of laundry. Woolzies also create more space in the dryer between clothes, thereby helping your clothes dry 25-30% faster. I live in a humid climate and I often have to run the dryer an extra time when I do towels. I tested out the Woolzies with some towels. I was surprised when I didn’t need to use an extra cycle and my towels smelled clean.
Some Facts from Woolzies.com:
1. Most commercial dryer sheets and liquids contain chemicals that destroy the fire retardant qualities in children’s and adult’s clothing. This scared me! I would never want to put my desire for fragrant clothing in place of my children’s safety! Dryer sheets/liquids can also can reduce the absorbency in towels.
2. You can reduce static cling by making a ball the size of a Woolzie out of aluminum foil, and throwing it in the dryer with the other 5.Woolzies
3. To make your clothes smell good, wait till your clothes are completly dried and add pure essential oil to two of the Woolzies. Put the 2 back in the dryer and air fluff for 10 mins. You don’t want hot heat, as the hot air will destroy the essential oils.
4. Woolzies are safe for people with wool allergies, as the ball will not shed. If you have a wool allergy, I would do a small test first to make sure there is no reaction.
5. Plastic dryer balls can cause harsh chemicals like PVC to be emitted into the clothing. Plastic dryer balls can also damage your dryer.
Thank you Woolzies for letting me review your product. I will continue to use your product.
View my You Tube video HERE
Disclaimer: Subscription box mom does not guarantee results of this product, other than the reviewers’ experience in this review. This review is based on my opinion and my experience. Any facts were provided to Subscription Box Mom by Woolzies.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.