April 29, 2013 04/29/13 By Subscription Box Mom 0 Comments 0
Lalaalu Trial Box Review
Lalaalu is a new company out of New York City. The are a subscription box company that offers 3 boxes a month: a baby box (0-12 months), a toddler box (1-3 yrs) and a big kid box (4-6 yrs). The boxes are 35.00 a month or 30.00 a month if you subscribe to a longer plan. The company states each box is valued at 60.00. They ran a promotion that you can try a box (trial) for free and just pay shipping. I was looking for a box for my oldest (almost 4) and decided to try it out. I found out before the I received the box that they ran out of the normal month’s boxes and so they send a box full of past month’s items. They stated it would represent what would come in a regular monthly box.
|Here is a picture of the contents.|
- GoGoSqueeze in Peach Apple ($3.99): I liked this item. My older son will not eat this, but my 1 year old will.
- Pons Olive Oil for kids ($8.95): The company says this has a lower acidity and mild flavor. I personally think this product is quite odd (I use regular EVOO without complaints from my sons).
- Yum-V’s Probiotics: ($12.99): They come as white chocolate teddy bears. These help to maintain intestinal balance. I have never used probiotics, but I will try these.
- Oscillococcinum (13.50): I received 2 boxes of this. This is a natural flu medicine that temporarily relieves flu-like symptoms such as feeling run down, body aches, chills and fever. I have seen this on the market but never tried it. It is something I would talk to my children’s pediatrician about before giving it to my children.
- BoxPlay for Kids ($5.00): This is my favorite item of the box. It is a sticker you put around a box of mac and cheese. It then becomes a camera. I like the concept of reusing boxes and making a toy out of it.
- Totlogic Lice Repellent Spray in Rosemary ($15.00) Lice is not very common but I will keep this laying around just in case of a lice breakout at school.
All in all I got my money’s worth, but this was not the box I was looking for. The company responds very quickly to emails and phone calls. I canceled the day I received this box. Since posting my review, on You Tube, I have heard from many people having a bad experience with the company. If you are interested in trying this company, I would try a box before committing to a longer subscription.
In the future, I will show individual pictures of the items in boxes.
Here is my You Tube review, for a closer look at the products. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjekR7IGyE4
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links